1. A more concise final Photo Album - normally around 100 of our best photographs that might finally make it into a book about our travels, or just for our family photo albums
2. A collection of our top 10 photographs which we can use to help showcase our adventures on our site
3. A end of journey slideshow of our best photographs. This includes some map transitions to help explain where each place is and how we moved around....
Hope you enjoy our latest slideshow on our Youtube Channel - Scandinavian Summer (see below)
4. Work through the route plan and opportunities with both girls.... get them to give their thoughts on things they really like the sound of and then 'bold' these into our planning.
5. Once we've got a rough schedule together we look at how we can link some homeschooling into this.... and try to ensure we are getting an even coverage across the subjects... i.e. history - D-Day Beaches, geography - Dune du Pilat, physical education - Dordogne kayaking
Hope it helps some people who are thinking of planning a similar journey, our next blog post will focus on how we get the girls more involved in the planning process....
It was also great to catch up with an old friend who had also travelled down from Denstone to don his 'MCC' tie in the Lords Pavillion.... a true British institution the 'Bacon & Eggs' tie.... So all in all, a wonderful day and a very English experience... (that included cucumber and sandwiches.... we couldn't resist!)
Tomorrow sees another chance to catch up with old friends and the girls godparents! It really is nice to be back in the UK as our travels just reinforce how important our family and friends are to us...
Both girls loved watching the English rugby side complete a fantastic 3-0 whitewash of the Wallabies... before a trip to see a real cricket experience at Lords tomorrow.... Lots of work are now needed over the next 2 weeks before we return back to mainland Europe and a chance to immerse ourselves in French life for our next leg...
Search by Categories
Search our blog articles
Search our Archives
Check out our contributions to
Follow us here